Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is an electronic communication method that provides standards for exchanging data via any electronic means. Most big national and regional vendors like Grocery Supply, CoreMark, HT Hackney, McLane, etc have EDI formats that allow you to electronically upload your purchases electronically so you don't have to manually enter in each delivery. Fintech, a company that handles payments for beer vendor also provides EDI files for all your beer vendors. You can contact them by clicking here.
To setup your EDI processsing:
- Contact your main whole seller and ask them to set you up with EDI files
- Ask them to use the EDI format as "Standard ABC" File format. If you need to email them a sample file format click here to download the sample file.
- Give them your business or personal email address to where you want the files to go to.
- Once you are setup for EDI processing, the next step is to setup the EDI file format for that vendor in PDI CStore Essentials.
Setting up vendor EDI format on PDI CStore Essentials
- Login to your PDI CStore Essentials account
- Go to Grocery -> Purchasing -> Vendors (Note: you can also get to vendors from Pricebook -> Purchasing -> Vendors)
- Find the vendor and click on the pencil icon next to the vendor you want to edit\
- For the EDI format field select the EDI file format (Note: if your vendor is not listed and its a Standard ABC format select Brehnam)
- Click on Update Vendor button to update the vendor