Step 1: Make the physical connection
Note: You can skip this step if you already have a back office at your store
Step by Step instructions
What you need:
Step 1: Plug in the Ethernet adapter to any available USB port on your Back Office computer and install the drivers [?]
Step 2: Plug one end of the Ethernet Cat5 cable into the Ethernet adapter [?]
Step 3: Plug in the other end of the Ethernet Cat5 cable to the back off the Nucleus POS register.
*The Nucleus usually has one internet port on the back. if this port is occupied see if there is a switch there. If so, plug into any port on the switch. If there is no switch and the port is occupied, you will need to purchase a switch and use that switch. If you need assistance in this, its best to call a Wayne technician.
Step 2: Acquiring Nucleus IP Address
1. Log on to the Nucleus System, and select the information tab on top.
2. Click on Programming.
3. Select System and click on Back Office Configuration and obtain IP from the Blackpipe box and uncheck the Blackpipe option.
*Note not all systems have an IP available if that is the case you will have to contact Dresser Wayne at 1-800-926-3737 to obtain your IP.
Step 3: Configure your Nucleus POS register
1. Select the BackOffice Type as NAXML & NLINK
2. Select Import Frequency to Day
3. Select Secure FTP Enabled or FTP Enabled *depending on the Nucleus version you may have one of the FTP options available, whichever is available click on that FTP option.
4. Once all options have been selected Restart your Nucleus POS system.
*Note make sure BlackPipe is not checked
Step 4: Configure your back office computer
Step by Step instructions
Step 1: Plug in the Cisco Ethernet Adapter to computer and run other end of cable to Nucleus switch that is plugged into your register.
Step 2: Go to Start and click on Control Panel and select Network & Internet option.
Note: In the Adapter Settings screen, there are a list of networks, you should see your Ethernet Adapter plugged in.
Step 3: Go to Network and Sharing Center
Step 4: Go to Adapter Settings
On the USB to Ethernet connection right click to go to Properties
Select IPv4 and select Properties
Enter IP address as needed (view IP address referral)
*Values shown are default values for Nucleus
Once configuration is done, you will click on the Start/Windows Button and select My Computer.
In the address bar you will type in the gateway that was given to you by Dresser Wayne; In this case we have used the default as shown.
You should have access to the drive and you should see the BOS Folder as shown.
If you do not have access to the BOS folder you will need to call Dresser Wayne at 1-800-926-3737 and have them give you a One Shot so you can access the BOS folder.
How to enter One Shot Key
Select the information tab on top of the Main Screen and select One Shot
*Note you will have to call Dresser Wayne at 1-800-926-3737 to access the One Shot and they will give you the password.
Once you have the elevated access, you will click on the information tab again and select Programming.
In the new screen click Start on the bottom left corner and click on My Computer.
Once in the folders select the D Drive and right click on the BOS Folder and select Properties
Select the Sharing tab and click on allow sharing or Share this folder and then select permissions and make sure the user Everyone has full access. Click Apply/Ok and Ok to exit the screen. You will now have access to the BOS Folder.
In order to confirm that you have full access to your files, click on your BOS folder and go to the Export folder.
In the Export folder you will see files from the Nucleus. Right click on any file and click delete. It should allow you to delete the file completely. If It does not let you it means you did not give full access and you need to recheck the setting changes. If problem still persists contact Dresser Wayne Support.
Step 4: Install the CStorePro Utility
Note: This needs to be done from computer you will connect your POS register to.
Step by step instructions
- Log into your CStorePro account
- Click on Store Settings to go to the Get started page.
- Click on Connect to my POS register link
- Click the Download CStorePro Agent button to download the CStorePro Agent software.
- Once the download is complete, click on the Setup.exe file to start the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, the CStorePro Agent will automatically start. Follow instructions on the screen to complete the setup process.