Check eligibility with RJR and get enrolled
RJ Reynolds (RJR) has very specific requirements for the enrollment process of new scan data customers. Follow these steps to start offering discounts with RJ Reynolds.
- Contact your RJR representative and inform them you want to enroll in the RJR tobacco scan data program. Please let them know that your scan data provider is PDI CStore Essentials.
- Your RJR rep will either direct you to MSA (their data processor) or send you a questionnaire via email to complete the enrollment process. In the Contact Information for Scan Data section PDI CStore Essentials and for the email please use your email so you can be notified by RJR when everything has been setup. Furthermore, when filling out the email/questionnaire use the file format “Pipe Delimited without headers” as the file format.
- Within a week, you should receive an email from MSA with your SFTP credentials (username and password). You will need this information to sign up for RJR in CSE.
Configure your scan data submission in CStoreEssentials
Prior to configuring your scan data submission in CStore Essentials, you must first sign up for a CStore Essentials Account if you don’t already have one and make sure the utility has been installed and system properly setup. See our getting started section to learn how.
- Login to your PDI CStore Essentials Account
- On the left-side menu, click on Scan Data Programs > Dashboard
- On this screen, enable reporting by clicking 'Setup' on appropriate Data Program and Data Program Settings screen will appear.
- In the 'Status' drop down menu, click 'Participating'
- For Is VAP in Price: Select "Yes" if for the pre-priced discounted items (i.e. items with $0.50 OFF label on them) is set on the POS as a final price. Select "No" if you have a discount flag for the item on the POS so customer can see the discount applied on the receipt.
- Enter account number from data provider
- In the submission name give the name of the file you would like to use. Please note, this name cannot contain any special characters or spaces. Ideally use your store name without spaces.
- In the destination path enter the destination path specified in the email from MSA followed by a "/incoming/" (i.e. xxxxx_live/incoming/ where xxxxx is the destination path name). Please note that MSA may require you to send test files. In such case, please use the path xxxxx_test/incoming/ where xxxxx is the destination path name.
- Enter your store's SFTP username / password (should have received from MSA/RJR), and click 'Check Connection'. The status of your connection will be highlighted in Green (if validated) or Red (if NOT validated).
- Enter your email address where you would like to receive notification regarding your scan data submissions.
- Complete the address for the site. Note this is a required field and file processing will fail if not populated.