Requirements & Limitations:
- CSE only works with QB desktop version, any desktop version will work.
- CSE requires Admin access to QB.
- If QB is installed on an online secured server, CSE requires an Admin access.
- QB online and CSE will not connect.
- CSE will only import Day reports entries. (Checks or EFT Purchase/Expense cannot be imported.)
- CSE only makes General Ledger entries.
Configuring QB mappings
Mapping QB entries is to tell CSE what entries should go in which account when importing data into QuickBooks.
Step 1: Go to Day Closing > QuickBooks Integrations. Click on 'Configure General Ledger Mapping' on bottom right.
Step 2: Click on the '+' on top right to add a new mapping.
Step 3: On Add General Ledger Mapping screen, select the CSP Field Type. This is the field on your day report - this tells the system where to pull the data from.
Step 4: Select the filed type under CSP Field. This is to select the specific data point. Data multiplier will be 1 in most cases, unless we are importing a negative number.
Step 5: Select the QB Debit or Credit Account. This tells them system where to post the entry in QB. If the entry is Debit select QB Debit Entity or vice-versa.
Step 6: Select Entity for Debit or Credit, depending on which filed is selected. Entity is only required for Accounts receivable. Entry Batch is always with main report.
Step 7: Enter an Entry Memo - this is a mandatory field.
Step 8: Select “Create another” to add additional mappings and Click on “Add Mapping” to add the mapping.